CAT 2013 Exam Pattern:-
From the year 2012, there are only two sections in the CAT exams:
• Quantitative Ability & Date Interpretation
• Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
Each section contains 30 questions and candidates are allotted 70 minutes each to attempt these sections.
Each correct answers carries 1 mark and incorrect deducts 1/3 mark.
CAT 2013 Syllabus:-
Comprehension of passage, Verbal reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Anatomy, Fill in the blanks, Foreign language word used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Idioms, Errors in word choice, Mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Conditional & multiple usage, Punctuation, Proverbs, One word substitution, Different usage of same word, Phrasal verb, etc.
• Ratio and Proportions, Ratios, Percentage, In equation
• Quadratic and linear equation
• Mensuration, Alligation & mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
• Installment payments, Partnership, Clocks
• Probability, Permutation & Combination
• Profit & Loss
• Averages, Percentages & Partnerships
• Time-Speed-Distance, Work and Time
• Number system
Date Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:-
• Date Interpretation based on text, Date Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
• Graphs can be column graphs, Graphs representing area, Bar graphs, Pie chart, Venn – diagram, etc.
• Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, statements and Conclusions, Cause and effects, Matrix arrangements, etc.
• Current Affairs, Business, Punch lines of companies, Major corporate events
• Science, History, Geography, International Organization
• Important quotations
• Social issues, Sports, Finance, automobiles, Entertainments, Politics, etc.
• Famous awards and prizes
• World records
• Books and authors